You want a person that comes to your site to see a price code (based on the customer type) for an item before they log in . The problem is that they haven't logged in yet, so there is no customer type. Well, actually there is. When an anonymous user comes to the website, we spin up a virtual customer which uses the customer type of the default customer type from site settings. We use that virtual customer to display pricing until they login with a user that has a different customer assigned to it.
To set this anonymous customer type, do the following:
- Go to System Management | Site Settings
- Double click on the site you want to edit
- Go to the Customer Defaults tab
- Select the "Customer Type" from the drop down list that applies to your price code
- Click the Reload Site Settings icon
Now, anybody that hasn't logged in yet will see the price codes set for that customer type.
NOTE: Be aware that any new customers created will have that customer type set as the default.