You want to give out a free calendar when a customer places an order but you want to limit it to one per customer.
Create a coupon by creating an unstocked item (i.e. freecal2021)
- In Item Edit>Coupon tab
- "Set Item as Coupon" = checked
- "Applies To" = WholeOrder
- "Calculation Method" = FixedAmount
- "Percentage / Amount" = 0
- "Number of Uses per Customer"= 1
Go to Item Edit>Logistics tab for the Calendar item (not the coupon)
Create a new Order Rule for the free calendar
- "Amount Ordered" = .01 (This will only add the calendar if a purchase is made.)
- "Item" = freecal2021 (Use your coupon's item number in place of freecal2021)
- "Add Item for Free" = calendar2021,1 (Use your calendar's item number in place of calendar2021)
This will add one calendar to the order for free when the coupon code is entered and the cart total > 0. The customer will only be able to use the coupon once and they can not change the quantity of calendars to greater than 1.