Enterprise: System Management> Accounts Receivable>Distribution Forms
Enterprise for Windows: Maintain>Setup>Distribution Forms
This is where you set default distribution forms that all customers* and orders/invoices will use.
Setup your Distribution Form
- Form Number: Form number to assign to Customers and Sales Orders
- Form Type: Type of form such as Iinvoice, Quote, or Picking
- Description: Your description of this form (ie. US Invoice or Canadian Invoice)
- Report Name: File name of the Crystal Report that is located in the \Reports sub folder of Enterprise, Enterprise for Windows, Job Master, or the global reports folder.
- Invoice Email Template: Email template used for invoices
- Shipping Confirmation Email Template: Email template used for shipment confirmations
- Copy1-4:Copy name for additional copies when printing invoices such as Customer Copy or File Copy
The entire purpose of Distribution Forms is to map from the Invoice Form Number on the customer to the name of the crystal report you want to use. It is very common for customers that have US and Canadian customers, for example, to have two different forms due to regulatory differences. So, in such a scenario, we could have an InvoiceUS.rpt=1 and InvoiceCA.rpt=2, and the system uses the appropriate report according to what is set on the customer.
By default, we have the Invoice and Picking automatically setup (as seen above) and references the two Crystal Reports located in the Reports folder of your Enterprise for Windows install location (i.e. \\myserver\myfolder\Enterprise\Reports.) If you have a different Crystal Report you want to use, change that information here.
Copy1, Copy2, etc. allows you to print multiple copies of a document with a footer at the bottom. For example, you could set Copy1 to "Customer Copy", Copy2 to "File Copy" and Copy3 to "Accounting Copy", and so on. No changes need be made to the Crystal Report - the system will automatically add the footer according to whatever you input here.
* Customers can be set to use specialized Reports. The steps for that can be found here.
Related, you will find the option exists to set an Invoice Form number on an individual customer. As long as that Crystal Report exists in the above-mentioned folder and you've created a distribution form as above, the system will honor that and print using your different report.