To get the Salsify Connector setup and running properly you will need to perform the following actions:
- Note the Organization ID
- Generate the API Key
- Setup the Shopify Connector
- Run Connectors to push initial data up to Shopify
- Setup a job to automate pushing subsequent changes up to Shopify and downloading orders from Shopify to your ERP
Create a Private App
On the Salsify site, you will need to:
- Note the url for the organization ID:
- Go to your Profile by clicking on your name and comapny on the top menu bar, then click on My Profile
- Click on API Access
- Click on Show API Key and copy it.
Setup the Salsify Connector
To configure Enterprise for Windows to use Shopify, you need:
- Go to Maintain > Setup > Connector Accounts
- Click Add
- Enter your Salsify Credentials
- Type: Salsify should be selected in this dropdown list.
- API Key: Paste that API Key you copied earlier.
- Org Id: Paste that long organization ID you copied earlier.
- Notify Email: Email address to receive activity reports from the connector.
- Notify Verbosity: Use this dropdown list to setup how frequently you want to receive notifications:
- All - receive email alerts every time the connector runs, regardless of activity
- Activity - receive email alerts when something is uploaded to or downloaded from Amazon
- Errors - only receive alerts when the connector encounters errors
- None - receive no email alerts ever
- Check Enabled if you want this connector to be active.
- Check Send All Items.
- Once you are satisfied with your setup, click Save and then Close.
Run the Shopify Connector Manually
During initial configuration and anytime you want to force the process after that you can run the connector manually:
- Enterprise for Windows > Processes > Run Connectors
Create the Job
To ensure BirdDog keeps the data flowing between your ERP and Shopify automatically you will need to:
- Go to Maintain > Jobs
- Click on the Schedule New Job button
- Select Run Connectors in the Job dropdown list
- Schedule the job according to how frequently you want it to run (for example, every hour or at a certain time each day.)