When you create an email filter, webmail can automatically organize your incoming email.
1. Click the Settings link, located in the upper right corner.
2. Click the Email Filtering Rules link.
3. Indicate the types of emails you want to filter by completing the sentence: "If an incoming email [Contains, Begins With, Ends With, or Is Exactly] [the word(s) you want to search for] in [From, Subject, To, Cc, To or Cc, Body, Anywhere] ... "
4. Indicate what action you want the filter to perform on the emails that match the description you indicated: Delete immediately - To automatically delete matching emails. Move to folder - To automatically move matching emails into a folder. Click the drop-down menu to select a folder. Send to this email address - To send matching emails to a specific email address. Enter an email address in the "Send to this email address" box. Move to folder and send to this email address - To move the email to a specific folder and send a copy to a specific email address. Select a folder from the drop-down menu and enter an email address in the "and send to this email address" box.
5. Click the Save button. The filter will appear in the Current Filters section. Note: To edit an existing filter, click once on the filter, as it appears in the Current Filters section. Or, to delete an existing filter, click the Delete link. Note: If you are using email software (Outlook, Netscape Mail, Eudora, etc.) with a POP3 connection, your email software only downloads emails that are stored in your Inbox folder. If you use email filters to move emails into another folder, those emails will not be downloaded by your POP3 email software.