The Shipping Methods maintenance is where you map Ship Via Codes of the Accounting / Distribution System to the Shipping Methods of the Freight System.
Go to System Management | Freight | Ship Vias to see all Ship Via Codes that have been setup:
This Dialog has the following options:
- Add Ship Via - Adds a new mapping
- Edit - Make changes to selected mapping
Clicking Add New Shipping Service or Editing an existing Ship Via Code brings up the following Dialog:
The screen has the following options:
- Code- This is the Macola Ship Via Code.
- Short Description - This is the short name for this code for easy identification
- Long Description - This is the longer name, where you can be more specific if necessary.
- Shipper - This dropdown allows you to select the Shipper that will be used to rate this method. This Shipper must be setup in Freight Accounts
- Shipping Method -This dropdown allows you to select the Shipping method to rate with
- Freight Account -
- Misc Account
- Cost Account
- Cost Accrual Account
Note: Each combination of Freight Account | Shipping Method must be assigned to a single Ship Via Code; otherwise, the system may calculate incorrectly.