You can auto generate a transfer order for component items when you create a work order to build a BOM item. The system looks at the BOM, then looks at the item availabilities and determines what items are short and creates a transfer for those items.
- Create the work order
- Release the work order
- Go to Manufacturing>Work Orders
- Search for the work order
- Click on the work order
- Click on "Create Transfer Order"
- If needed, a transfer order will be generated
Here's some additional info:
For a component to be included on the transfer order:
- The component's BOM location has to match the work order (or be blank)
- The work orders location has to be short of that component
- The item's primary location has to be different than the work order's location