This process captures the final invoice amount against the original Authorization using the following logic:
- If the Invoice amount is less than or equal to the Authorization, Capture the Invoice amount against the original Authorization.
- If the Invoice amount is greater than the original Authorization, attempt to capture the full amount of the invoice. If this is successful, void the original Authorization.
- If we have multiple Authorizations against the order (typcially this occurs because of a change to the order after the original Authorization), attempt to capture the full amount of the invoice. If this is successful, void the original Authorizations. The purpose of this step is to make the charge the customer sees on their credit card statement match the invoice amount.
- If we could not capture the full amount, Capture the original Authorization(s) and then attempt to capture the difference. This can occur because something was added to the order after the original authorization or an authorization has expired.
You can capture all credit cards for selected orders in one step, using Enterprise for Windows:
- Make sure all your orders are selected for billing
- Go to Processes | Credit Cards | Capture Selected Orders
- Enter the order numbers you want, or leave the fields blank to get them all
- Print your Capture Report, or Print to File, as you prefer, but DO NOT skip this step, you will need these reports for accounting purposes.
- Review your report immediately for any orders that were not captured and address them appropriately.
Done. You are ready to print invoices and post.
Please note, you cannot run this capture process after orders have posted.