This process assumes that you originally processed the Order with a Credit Card payment in Credit Card Deluxe and then subsequently issued a Credit Memo against the Invoice, and the Customer now has a negative balance on that Apply To. For example, you invoiced the Customer for $500 paid with a Credit Card. You then issued a $200 Credit against the Invoice. In A/R this would look something like this:
||Apply To #
At this point you would be ready to Refund the A/R Invoice, which will create a negative Cash Receipt against the Invoice.
Transactions>Credit Cards>Return AR Invoice
- Choose the A/R Deposit you wish the cash to be applied to, or choose to have it created for you
- Type the Invoice # you wish to Refund against
- Click the Trx that you wish to apply the Refund to (This is where we get the previous Capture Trx)
- Enter the Amount to Refund
- Click Refund
- The system attempts to refund the previous Credit Card Trx; if successful, it writes a negative Cash Receipt into A/R Cash receipts against the Deposit ticket you choose earlier.
- You will now need to post the Cash Receipt in Macola.