You can accomplish this by setting up the correct Roles/Permissions for the Users & Items.
In this case, the customer wants to restrict a group of Users from only seeing items in one particular warehouse and only ship items to that group from that warehouse. Step 3 is for setting up the warehouse restriction. You can ignore that step if you don't need the warehouse restriction.
- You'll need to create at least 2 Roles. (System Management>System>Roles)
- One for all access
- One for restricted
- Assign each user the appropriate role (System Management>Users>Roles tab). (see *)
- Each Customer assigned to the restricted Users will need the appropriate Default Location set for both their Bill-to and their Ship-to locations. If the Ship-to location is not set, then it will use the customer location.
- NOTE: The next steps are done in Item Edit (Warehouse Management>Items>Roles tab).
- All items will have to have the permissions removed for the Anonymous & Default roles. If you don't do this, all items will be viewable to everyone before they login. (see **)
- For each restricted item, turn on the permissions for the restricted role and any other roles you want to be able to view that item. (see ***)
- For all other items, turn on the permissions ONLY for the unrestricted role. (see ***)
*There is a process in Enterprise for Windows that you can use to import mass changes to Roles/Permissions using a spreadsheet. EntWin>Utilities>Import>Ecommerce>Roles to Users (This may also be available on the web site depending on your version: System Management>Imports.)
**You can do in mass by this using Website Management>Web Editor.
- Edit the category page at the top of the tree.
- In the Roles tab, uncheck the Permissions for Anonymous & Default
- In the Mass Edit tab.
- Select the Anonymous & Default Roles.
- Select "Copy Roles to Items".
- Click "Copy Down".
- NOTE: Any items that are not assigned to a category page will have to be done individually.
***There is a process in Enterprise for Windows that you can use to import mass changes to Roles/Permissions using a spreadsheet. EntWin>Utilities>Import>Ecommerce>Permissions (This may also be available on the web site depending on your version: System Management>Imports.)