Import new or change existing Macola data quickly using MS Excel (csv) including Items, Price Codes, G/L Accounts, Customers, Alternate Address, Vendors, Item Location Prices, and Vendor Items and more!
In Enterprise for Windows, click on Utilities | Import, and select desired data type for import (e.g., Import Items). On the website, navigate to System Management | Imports, and select desired data type for import.
(Enterprise for Windows) or (Website) will generate a CSV file containing the required column headers for the selected import type. To perform the import, designate the path to the CSV file to be imported or choose it from the dialog (on the website, a file may be dragged-and-dropped onto the designated area to be selected for import), and click
When importing via the website, a popup will appear informing you that the import has begun—this popup may be dismissed at any time. When the import is complete, a Task will be generated with information regarding success or errors, assigned to the current user: navigate to BRAIN | Inbox to view Tasks. Note: Importing via the website requires JobMaster. If JobMaster is turned off, the Import Job will be created but will not run, but should run the next time JobMaster is turned on.
Rules For Importing CSV files
- The first line of the CSV will not be imported as data; it must contain the column headers.
- You must include the entire header, and the columns must be spelled exactly like the sample.
- Dates must be legal: MM/DD/YYYY. (Note: this is the BirdDog format, and may differ from Macola.)
- Objects to be modified must exist in the database. Misspelling something adds to the database.
- If the data contains "special characters" (Unicode), the CSV file must be encoded as UTF-8, or those characters will not be rendered properly when imported.
- Any carriage returns will break the CSV.
- Always review the CSV in Notepad or Wordpad to verify data integrity and encoding.