Here are the steps to apply for a certificate at directNIC:
1. Log into your directNIC account at www.directnic.com. If you have not already created an account, you will need to create one.
2. Click on the SSL Certificate link under "Advanced Options" in the left hand menu.
3. Select the type of certificate and the amount of years you wish to purchase. Instant SSL Pro should be sufficient.
4. Select the type of server you wish to purchase a certificate for. (BirdDog server type is Microsoft IIS 5.x / 6.x)
5. BirdDog will send you a CSR via email titled "certreq.txt". Enter your CSR into the edit box provided with all pertinent lines included, and then click on the Purchase SSL Certificate button. BirdDog will supply the necessary CSR text file. Here is an example:
-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- MIIBPzCB6gIBADCBhDELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxEDAOBgNVBAgT B0dlb3JnaWExEDABgNVBAcTB0F0bGFudGExFzAVBgNVBAoTD kVxdWlmYXggU2VjdXJlMRQwEgYDVQQLEwtEZXZlbG9wbWVud DEiMCAGA1UEAxMZd3d3LmtuZC5lcXVpZmF4c2VjdXJlLmNvb bTBcMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA0sAMEgCQQD6zwLE8c+oKjcg tbcVm3My3B19t0RE1wwQcQ0mgYt0dNGqrcQdBODl9r8CQ1Cf ADANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFAANBANWHt1sqpRMWXNx59u11nSQC itEuZHZpsp23agsU2wiYKlB69mxkSvGGjvDdd4WpUzF0XMw= -----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
6. Enter the email address you wish to have your order sent to upon completion.
7. Click the Continue button to proceed to the checkout page.
8. Enter your payment information and complete your order. When your certificate is approved, DirectNic will email it to the address you supplied during the ordering process. If you do not receive your certificate within 4 hours, please contact support@directNIC.com for assistance. These orders are generally issued within 15-20 minutes of your purchase.