Google Analytics shows you how people found your site and how they explored it.
Google Analytics supports keyword and campaign tracking.
Google Analytics compares all your ads, email newsletters, affiliate campaigns, referrals, paid links, and keywords on Google and other search engines.
Google Analytics is FREE.
- Set up a Google Analytics account
- Don't worry about the script that Google gives you...we'll handle that for you automatically
- Enter the Google Analytics Id that you received from Google when you signed up for Google Analytics in either of the following:
- Website: System Management | Site Settings | YOUR SITE | SEO,
- Enterprise for Windows: Maintain | Web | Web Sites for your URL on the Search Engine Optimization tab.
- Underneath Profiles | Profile Settings, select the option for and put the word Search into the Query parameter.
- If you set Enable Sales Tracking = True, the site will also send Sales / Item / Product Category as well.
- Verify Google Analytics is receiving data (login to Google Analytics, there should be a check mark next to your site)
- Create a 2nd profile with a name of MySite.com - No Local Traffic
- Create a Filter to exclude all traffic from your IP address
- Create a Custom Filter to Lowercase the Request URL