An open-source analytics platform, PostHog is similar to Google Analytics but allows you to review data that G.A. won't expose.
- Shows you how people found your site and how they explored it.
- Supports keyword and campaign tracking. Google Analytics compares
- Your ads
- Email newsletters
- Affiliate campaigns
- Paid links
- Keywords on search engines
- Unlike Google Analytics, however, PostHog allows for more detailed tracking down to the IP or session of the person
Here's how to get started.
First, set up a PostHog account, then login to their dashboard.
- Step 1: When you create a new organization, select Web as the app platform.
- Step 2: Note the code snippet. All we need is the API Key which will use something like this: phc_xxXXxxx1xxxxxxxxxxXX1XXxxxxXxX1XX1xxXXxxxxX
Second, on your website, navigate to System Management | Site Settings | Main Settings. Plug-in that key you just copied into the PostHog API Key field.