The functionality for customers to login to your website and pay outstanding invoices was added in 12.1 and is remarkably simple. This presumes you have a working credit card system working with your Ecommerce site. They simply have to do the following:
- Login to the website
- Click on the Account button at the top of the page
- On "My Account" page, click on Make Paymen under Order Views
- Outstanding invoices for the customer will automatically populate
- If the customer in question has a saved credit card already stored in the system, they can select it. Otherwise, a valid credit card will need to be added.
- Input the amount to be paid on the appropriate order line. This allows a customer to pay multiple outstanding invoices at the same time with a single card.
- Once satisfied, simply click Make Payment,
- Paid invoices will go away